List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: A question on terminology (fwd)
From:       Stefan van den Oord <s.m.vandenoord () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       1999-06-24 14:49:47

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, David Black wrote:
> 	Oh I in no way disagree with this. I just don't like
> it. It's rather like toolbar buttons with drop down menu's,
> I simply think that they are stupid. You have a toolbar to
> accelerate access to common menu items, then what do you
> do, you go and tack a menu on that! Just a personal rant
> mind you, not a critiscism!

I think we may want to listen to David a bit more. He obviously has a
strong feeling for how a GUI should look&feel. That is, to my
personal opinion a GUI cannot be consistent and logical enough, so I
wholeheartedly agree with him. Consistency and being logical has
always been a strong point of MacOS, and I have experienced that it
really makes a difference. It would be very, very nice if we could
make KDE comparibly good.

Of course, this is my personal opinion as well. I invite you to
disagree :-)

Stefan

--
Stefan van den Oord