List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: A question on terminology (fwd)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-06-24 14:37:54

Jo Dillon wrote:
> > In the MacOS corner, hide and show are common language... (Well, I
> > can't verify that, but I am prety sure.) And, honestly, I have more
> > confidence in Apple's choices than in MicroSoft's.
>
>   Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they mean different things to
> us by that? Their windows minimise to the titlebars and back,
> rather than disappearing altogether.

Which we support as well.. If only I could remember the name we
use for that. It's something totally unintuitive....

Perhaps we can give that another name as well.. something like
"roll up". For those with redundant CPU power we could even generate
some nice 3D animation for that. (Well, I can't but I'm sure
there is someone who can)

Cheers,
Waldo
--