List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Multi column lists
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-06-24 6:34:07

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Don Sanders wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > On 18-Jun-99 Don Sanders wrote (In an email that he strangely has no
> recollection of spending):
> > > Does anyone know if QListView supports drag and drop reordering of fields?
> > > KTabListBox does. Also KTabListBox supports several different sorting
> types
> > > 1) Simple Ascending/ Descending >
> > I think that's the standard.
> >
> > > 2) A complex type giving every column a priority.
> >
> > You can do this by catching header clicks.
> >
> > > 3) Kinda supports an external sorting type. Kmail uses this for its three
> > > value
> > > sorting type. Here clicking on a row (eg Subject) iterates the user through 3
> > > sorting styles. Ascending (by Subject), Descending (by Subject) and Order of
> > > arrival.
> >
> > Again, you can do this by catching header clicks.
> I take it you mean mean overriding the setSorting method ?? No? How else does
> one "catch header clicks"? Overriding the setSorting method worked but seems a
> little cludgy.

How about overriding QListViewItem::key()?

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
An opinion you can't give reasons for is not an opinion worth having (I)