List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: Heading for KDE 1.1.2 release (Week 4)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-06-23 8:45:35

Ralf Nolden wrote:

> > Conclusion:
> >
> > create a package containing:
> >
> > -KDevelop
> > -KDbg
> > -KTranslator
> > -KDoc
> > -KSgml2Html
> > -A set of HTML documentation of the KDE-1.1.2 libs (we
> > would adapt the kdeveloprc file to ensure it is found on
> > kdevelop setup and installed  correctly)
> >
> > All programs from the KDE-SDK are included as copies of the SDK.

[SNIP]

> > Does this get the agreement from everyone for the KDE-Devel*
> > package ?

I think this is a very good idea.

Brian Jones wrote:
> I Don't agree.  I think that there should be at least two packages.
> This means more flexibility in what you have to install.  Here are
> my suggestions for packages.
>
> 1) Development-SDK package which consists of source code,
>      source / API documentation, and example code.
>
> 2) Development-Tool package which consists of KDevelop,
>      KDbg, KTranslator, KDoc, KSgml2Html.

This approach is slightly cleaner since it seperates the SDK
and the tools better. If the size allows it, the SDK could
be incorporated into the Tool package AS WELL.

Main point is that both packages are part of the release.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
*** *** *** Hi! I'm a .signature virus! *** *** ***
Copy me into your .signature file to help me spread!