List:       kde-devel
Subject:    YA daft C++ q
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-06-22 20:28:53

Ok, seeing as people are talking about using namespaces, I'm presuming it's ok
to use them now.

I had a class which I was using as a namespace, with some enums, static
methods, and some of this:
static const QCString monthNames[]

I define the above in the .cpp file:

const QCString RMM::monthNames[] = { "Jan", "Feb" ... }

Now if I change the class to a namespace:

namespace RMM {

  static const QCString monthNames[];

};

While the .cpp is still compiled to an object, and it's unchanged, I get
undefined reference on linking to the QCString arrays.

The enums are ok, the static methods are converted to non-static, and they're
ok, it's just the arrays.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong ?

Note: Putting 'using RMM;' at the top of the .cpp doesn't work. Should it ? I'm
just leaving the 'RMM::' on everything for now.

Cheers,
Rik

--
KDE - Colour outside the lines  : http://www.kde.org