List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kiconedit/ksirc (Was: Multi column lists)
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-06-21 15:39:29

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Harri Porten wrote:
>
> > Regarding KWizard: I haven't been able to rip out the old KWizard from
> > programs like KIconEdit and KSirc. The packages didn't compile and
> > without the help of the authors it would be much too complicated.
> > I contacted Thomas Olsen (formerly Thangus) and asked for help. He
> > replied that he doesn't have any to time to help with porting to
> > QWizard.
>
> Since yesterday, kiconedit and ksirc compile again.
>
> I even made a unknown.xpm toolbar icon with kiconedit :-)
> Unfortunately kiconedit is not very stable and cut&paste seems to
> be broken.

kiconedit, while promising, spews more debug output to my console and
crashes far more often than any other KDE app.  In addition, some features
that are listed in the menus are totally broken.

I (gulp) would make a motion  to remove kiconedit from kde 1.1.2 unless it
sees some cleanups/ fixes.

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.