List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Mail headers: advice needed.
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-18 14:26:46

Sven Radej <sven@lisa.exp.univie.ac.at> wrote:

> 1.) Should I add the header "In-Reply-To" with original message ID
> (clone "References") as Pine does?

yes.

> 2) I saw that some mails have more references in "References" header.
> Where to they come from? I mean you can reply to only one mail at a
> time.

the first entry should be the same like in "In-Reply-To". Additional
entries refer to other (former) mails of the same thread. This is
actually only useful for news clients. it helps them to determine the
correct threading if the first entry in References is for some reason
not found by the nntp server, it could try the other
References-entries.

I'm not sure if a mailclient is forced to set a References header line.

--
Dirk A. Mueller