List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: To make your program work well with non-Latin1 letters,
From:       Woohyun JANG <louis () mizi ! co ! kr>
Date:       1999-06-11 10:29:29

Alex Zepeda wrote:
: On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
:
: > Stephan Kulow wrote:
: > > I mean, how useful are korean file names
: > > when you can't do anything outside of KDE with them?

Does this sentance mean that a Korean filename that is used in KDE
can't use in another programs ?  the answer is it isn't true.

I also modified KDir. Like QDir, KDir doesn't save/load file with Unicode
filename. it converts unicode filename into locale dependent
char * to save or to load. So another program can use that file
without any problem.

: But this also assumes that all FS functions are safe for unicode or other
: "odd" filenames.  Is NFS?  Are non Linux NFS implementations? Is Samba?

At least, most filesystems(I don't say all ^^) used in Korea are safe
for Korean filenames. :)

Regards,
--
Woohyun JANG, louis@mizi.co.kr                        MIZI Research, Inc.