List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: suffix stuff argument for the idl compiler in am_edit
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-09 21:11:26

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Steffen Hansen wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
>
> > BTW, congrats for finding such a hidden bug :-) . How come did you dig
> > deep into StaticServerRequest?
>
> While playing around with piggybacking ekstra data on requests (for
> authentication). Actually i didn't fix the leak, I just complained to the
> authors that my server-process leaked the hell when doing certain stuff
> ;-)

Hehe, cool.

BTW, I'm currently hacking some POA stuff into kded which should give it a
nice url for the -kdedior commandline option, so that the user can specify
the kded url like:
iioploc://foo.bar.com:port/KDED
And this reminded me of the security problem you once mentioned :-)
Now that you mention it again: Do you have something working already? With
the Interceptors and some magic cookie?

> > => Tomorrow I'll try KOffice, and I guess the trouble might begin there
> > ;-) . But a good thing is that we can then again compile koffice.cc/h ,
> > since that 2.2.6 idl compiler bug should be fixed.
>
> OK, that is fixed? It was something with idl generating buggy/wrong code,
> wasn't it?

Yes, it was an ugly bug with inout arguments.

Ciao,
  Simon

--
Simon Hausmann       <hausmann@kde.org>