List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: reading mimetypes fast
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-06-09 17:53:29

pbrown@redhat.com wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>
> > When it's in the trader anyway, why not let it serve you the mimestuff
> > too? Why do you need shared memory? Because you like locking? ;)
>
> I'm trying to think of a way to not make it necessary to link in the corba
> stuff.  I would like to make that optional.  The original idea makes it
> mandatory.  It would be a bad idea to make it mandatory for any KDE app
> needing mime-type information, unless we can reduce the corba bloat.
> Considerably.
BTW: I would like kfile to display mimetype infos too. And I also would
like to display kpanel's disk navigator in kfile optionally. ALl this
requires CORBA for every application. I think, it's the way to go...
We have to decide now. small and limited or big and features without end
:)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Und sie nannten ihn, wie er selbst unterschrieb -
Den Trojanischen Pferdedieb