pbrown@redhat.com wrote: > > On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote: > > > When it's in the trader anyway, why not let it serve you the mimestuff > > too? Why do you need shared memory? Because you like locking? ;) > > I'm trying to think of a way to not make it necessary to link in the corba > stuff. I would like to make that optional. The original idea makes it > mandatory. It would be a bad idea to make it mandatory for any KDE app > needing mime-type information, unless we can reduce the corba bloat. > Considerably. BTW: I would like kfile to display mimetype infos too. And I also would like to display kpanel's disk navigator in kfile optionally. ALl this requires CORBA for every application. I think, it's the way to go... We have to decide now. small and limited or big and features without end :) Greetings, Stephan -- Und sie nannten ihn, wie er selbst unterschrieb - Den Trojanischen Pferdedieb