List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: ODBC in kdesupport?
From:       "Peter Harvey" <pharvey () codebydesign ! com>
Date:       1999-06-09 12:33:35

> What about coming up with applications that would use these interfaces
> first ? ;)

unixODBC already has two, Qt, based tools which could be brought into KDE in
short order. ODBCConfig and the DataManager. Features from these two tools
could be stripped out and put into the Control Center to allow ODBC to be
easily configured in KDE.

I think Lars may also be working on an ODBC based tool using Qt?

I don't think any of these tools use odbc++ right now but I am sure that
one... possibly two tools, based upon odbc++, could come out of this mix.

I would suggest a;

1. a config tool in Control Center
2. a standalone data manager tool

I would be willing to do the work to get ODBC config into the Control
Center.

Peter Harvey