List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: To make your program work well with non-Latin1 letters,
From:       Woohyun JANG <louis () mizi ! co ! kr>
Date:       1999-06-09 6:51:02

Igor Shabalov wrote:
:
: Everything  work fine here except some serious bugs in QTextCodec class. The
: result will depend VERY MUCH from your current locale setting and your
: lack. I've already tried to tell TT about that - my impression is that they
: are a little bit busy and don't interesting of that.

I have never heard about it...  :(

... and I'm sorry.. what is TT?

: Did you play with Korean keyboard input in QT 2.0? Actually they have two
: different locale determination engine - one for keyboard input based on X
: input modifier function and another one for text codecs based on LANG and
: setlocale().
: So, eventually, an unpredictable (for me :-|) result can be produced...

Actually, we didn't modify hanIM(one of the Korean input server) to work
well with qt 2.0 becase of some other works. so I don't know if there
are bugs when I try to input letters.

However, warwick said he can write Japanese well through kinput2(I'm not
sure if this name is right).

Would you explain it more?

Regards,
--