List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CORBA server and client for wordnet
From:       David Faure <david.faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-06-07 19:24:42

This is a nice idea.

wordnet is really great - BTW can you ship it with kwordnet or does
wordnet's licensing model forbids that ?

The CORBA architecture seems a good idea.
Though if you want kwordnet_corba_server to be KDE-indepedent
you'll have to use only raw Corba stuff (not kom, kparts nor kpartsui).
Will work but requires more CORBA knowledge.

For the configure script, take a look at kdevelop (for instance :) ).
IIRC it can generate an autoconf-and-MICO-enabled hierarchy to put your files
in.

About kded using remote services : yes but you'll need to register
the service manually I think - kded parses local files only.
(A local .desktop can't launch a remote app ;) - what you
want is to use knaming - problem is to first get kded's IOR.
Might require some tricks.)

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org