List:       kde-devel
Subject:    docs
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-06-01 19:44:38

Hi!

I had a look into the things Rene left behind.
It's definitly a pitty, that the sgmltools have
been suspended so far, but I'm not giving up the
hope, there will be a new maintainer soon.

I just did some small testings and it doesn't
look _that_ bad after all.
What I did was
copying a index.sgml from somewhere (tested konsole
and faq)
run sgmltools -b ld2db index.sgml (this created index.db-sgml)
run sgmltools -b html index.db-sgml

And I have a couple of HTML files that are at
least working.

But I don't like the output that much. If you
don't know what I'm talking about, look at the
GNOME User-guide, which is a rather big example
for DocBook's HTML output:
http://www.gnome.org/users-guide/index.html

I have no idea how to make the mapping nicer
or at least give it a KDE feeling. The files
in kdesdk/kdesgmltools are based on sgmltools
1 and perl. The latest sgmltools is based on
python - so I'm afraid it's useless for us
now.

Does anyone know how to proceed or has enough
time to define a mapping file? Rene's DSL file
adds a definition for the identify tags khelp-
center supports.

I read a bunch of docbooks and sgmltools docs,
but I don't know how to do it the right way.
And now that sgmltools.org closed, I have no
idea at all besides than using raw docbook.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Und sie nannten ihn, wie er selbst unterschrieb -
Den Trojanischen Pferdedieb