List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: libkab
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       1999-06-01 18:05:39

> 	I have been trying to compile from the released 1.1.1 sources
> (from the tar archives) and I have run into a couple of problems
> which seem to be related to multiply defined symbols in libkab.
> In particular korganiser fails to compile with the message
>
> UX:ld: ERROR: /usr/local/kde-1.1.1/lib/libkab.a(SearchDialog.o): fatal
> error: symbol `metaObject__C12SearchDialog` multiply-defined, also in
> file searchdialog.o
>
> 	Is libkab based on components from korganiser? If I remove the link to
> libkab I still get errors such as
>
> UX:ld: ERROR: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a(cstrmain.o): fatal error:
> symbol
> `rep__Ct12basic_string3ZcZt18string_char_traits1ZcZt24__default_alloc_template2b0i0`
> multiply-defined, also in file eventwindetails.o

   No, libkab is a separate library, relatively loosely integrated with
korganizer (the address book library, used for the popups in multi-person
meetings, etc).

   What may be the problem is that it is using heavy template-ing, so
this made it difficult to compile with everything unless the most recent
compilers - a recent egcs should be fine.

       Lotzi B.