List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KTMainWindow & LayoutHint
From:       Chris Schlaeger <cs () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-31 17:57:27

> since QT 2.0 layout mechanism gets defined (it is now quite
> sophisticated), I think we need to put an eventFilter in KTMainWindow to
> catch "LayoutHint" events sent to itself.
>
> It allows the management of mainWidgets which change internally their
> size (for instance with updateGeometry(), when a QLabel is modified in
> a QLayout and so on).
>
> some comments ?

I have modified KTMainWindow and some other kdeui widgets to use Qt
layout management. Due to a problem with KToolBar (and maybe Qt
2.0) I haven't checked in the stuff.

> before the (easy) hack

That's what I thought when I started it. But then I stumbled over
KToolBar. It's for sure a hack, but ain't easy!

Send me a mail if you are interested in the sources. I will check them
in as soon as the problem is resolved.

Chris