List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: i18n in KDE-1.1 branch (kmail)
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-05-31 8:43:50

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Stefan Taferner wrote:
>On Sat, 29 May 1999, Sven Radej wrote:
(...)
>Ok, then I will move the extra explanation to an extra string. Then only
>the single word will be in English.
>
>> I am asking about policy. Can messages be altered or not?
I still didn't get answer to my question. Daniel Naber sent me a patch which
corrects spelling in some messages (altered are only cpp files; not pot ones)

Changes are like "wasnt" -> "wasn't", "do you wan't"  -> "do you want"
etc. What shall I do? Is it ok if Daniel changes the pot files too? Or is the
translation mechanism smart enough to understand that "wan't" is the same as
wan't"?

 --  Sven Radej      radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org