List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Developer's Release of KMieSculptor Available
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       1999-05-29 0:01:47

Hello,

We are making the initial developer's release of KMieSculptor, a tool to
simplify building GUIs.  KMieSculptor uses an XML DDL called XML-MT to
create and control dialogs.  XML-MT supports various actions (or macros)
which permit interactive control over the interface by the clients.

While KMieSculptor can run stand alone but its principle use is as a
daemon, which accepts connections from various clients (local or
networked, though the networked connections are disabled for the time
being).

While the goal is eventually to provide support for entire applications,
currently dialogs, wizards and kcontrol modules are supported.  The
widget set is also fairly large already.

Bindings are currently available for Python and bash, and we are working
on Perl bindings as well.  These bindings are fairly small and
relatively easy to learn.  We hope that their simplicity will enable
many non-OO programmers, or even non programmers, to develop nice
KDE GUIs.  Anyone comfortable with HTML coding can use KMieSculptor
without any bindings at all.

Please take a look at http://www.mieterra.com/download/ for more
information.  The page includes links to some screenshots of clients we
are currently developing, some of which we will be releasing over the
course of the next week or so.

Regards,

Andreas Pour
pour@mieterra.com