List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SGI Patch to konsole...
From:       Lars Doelle <lars.doelle () on-line ! de>
Date:       1999-05-28 22:45:25

Dan Pilone wrote:

>         Ok, I committed the konsole patch that should make it work on
> SGIs.  Hopefully I didn't break anything, but if anyone has any
> problems with it yell at me.  :)  Note that control keys still don't
> work on the SGI side.. I don't know what that's all about yet.  I'm
> working on it. -- Dan

Though it should not be a big deal to adjust the functions keys (this
is done in TEmuVt102.C/VT102Emulation::onKeyPress), the principle
problem is that other than the control codes, which are specified in
many documents, as e.g. ECMA-48, the key codes are not.

Thus, the final solution is a key map file.

Dan, let me know your thoughs about the keycode material when
they're fresh. If started to design a keymap file format earlier, but this
came out to be pretty complicate.

The reason is, that one does not only have to take the emulation into
account, but also it's state. VT100 emits diffent codes for the arrow key
(num pad) in different states. Perhaps one should drop this twist to put
things straight.

So i'm simply not sure how to plug different keyboard behavior in.
Hmm, a little keyboard material crept into TEWidget.C also, btw., it's
for paging in the history.

I've a SCO patch here related to key codes, perhaps i'll get an idea
how to do it properly while intergrating it.

Lars