List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KControlDialog / KConfigWidget
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-05-27 15:17:37

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Stefan van den Oord wrote:

> The problem is, that you cannot (read: I don't know how to) use the
> Help and Defaults button of the KControlDialog. The QTabDialog has
> signals for the apply and cancel button, but that's it. And the
> Defaults button is not the same one as the Default button of the
> QTabDialog, for which there is a signal. Am I doing something wrong,
> or is this how it is supposed to be (and if yes, why)?

Ups, I guess I should have answered sooner.

The thing is that you have to overload the

void init()
void apply()
void defaultValues()

etc. of KControlApplication to have the buttons work.

I know that the KControl API is not very good, which has some
reasons in the very past. I intend to improve this quite a bit
for KDE 2.0, but for the time being, please take a look at the
existing kcontrol modules to find out how it works.

Bye,
Matthias.