List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KControlDialog / KConfigWidget
From:       Stefan van den Oord <s.m.vandenoord () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       1999-05-27 13:28:39

Hi all,

Last weekend I spent some time on rewriting KBootSelector. One of the
things I did was using a KConfigWidget for the configuration, instead
of some home-made dialog. It seemed a logical thing to embed the
KConfigWidget in a KControlDialog (which is a subclass of
QTabDialog). But when I tried to do that, I encountered a few strange
things that I do not understand. Because the documentation is not
very complete, ... (I think I saw some postings about documentation
already).

The problem is, that you cannot (read: I don't know how to) use the
Help and Defaults button of the KControlDialog. The QTabDialog has
signals for the apply and cancel button, but that's it. And the
Defaults button is not the same one as the Default button of the
QTabDialog, for which there is a signal. Am I doing something wrong,
or is this how it is supposed to be (and if yes, why)?

Thanx!

--
Stefan van den Oord
s.m.vandenoord@student.utwente.nl