List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice Release
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-05-27 11:23:23

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Martin Konold wrote:
>On Thu, 27 May 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>
>> Martin Konold wrote:

>> > Why not simply make the binaries for KOffice static like we did some
>> > months ago? There are anyway not many other apps which want to share these
>> > special libs in this stage.
>>
>> That seems to be the easiest solution. Note that the office apps
>> themselves will probably share quite some code among each other
>> and that making them static will increase the memory use quite
>> a bit when you have multiple parts open.
>
>Well,  it is supposed to be a technology preview. Anyone _really_
>concerned about memory/speed has always the option to compile themself.
>Linking statically also makes it easier to get the binaries running on
>multiple Linux distributions.
>
>> That still leaves Reggie's comment that embedding is expected to
>> be broken for the next two months or so.
>
>Reggie: Is the estimated time still current?

I didn't say anything about a time, I just sayed it _currently_ doesn't work.
Please ask the people working on kded (David, Steffen, ....) when about this
will be working for the KOffice as this is the replacement for the old KOffice
trader stuff which doesn't work with mico 2.2.6 anymore.

Ciao, Reggie

--
Reginald Stadlbauer

E-Mail: reggie@kde.org,