List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Somebody tell me how I fixed KConfig!
From:       "Glen Parker" <glenebob () nwlink ! com>
Date:       1999-05-27 9:19:47

I seem to have fixed the segfaults in KConfig...  But I don't understand
how.

I traced the problem as far as KConfigINIBackEnd::parseSingleConfigFile(),
wherein resides this piece of code that was crashing:

aCurrentLine = aStream.readLine();

But alas, that code alone was not the problem (indeed, not the problem at
all, as far as I can tell).  I found that if I removed the later call to
putData(), the segfaults went away, so off to putData() I went with my
trusty debug()'s in hand...  And found that commenting out the line:

if (!hasGroup(_key.group)) {

stopped the segfaults.  So then in hasGroup(), just because I don't know
what QString::null is/does, I changed it to QString().  Fixed.  No idea why.
I wiped out all the QString::null's in kconfig.h/cpp just for good measure,
and things run again, so I committed.

So somebody explain to me please just what exactly I did ;-)

 --
Glen Parker
glenebob@nwlink.com