List:       kde-devel
Subject:    gdb crashing : SOLVED ! (Re: kio is really REALLY slow right now)
From:       David Faure <faure () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-26 20:10:38

On Mon, May 24, 1999 at 08:57:22PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Po, 24 kvì 1999, Steffen Hansen wrote :
> >On Mon, 24 May 1999 pbrown@redhat.com wrote:
> >
> >> i would trace, but my gdb is segfaulting at the moment when loading
> >> libmico2.2.6. :( I have to get and compile 4.18 I guess.
> >
> >So is mine (from RH6). Please let me know, if you figure out how to fix it
> >;-) Funny thing is, that it only segfaults for larger programs.
> >"gdb /bin/ls" works nicely.
>
> I also had problems with gdb segfaulting ( and not only gdb ) when I only
> partially upgraded from RH 5.2 to RH 6.0 ( i.e. only egcs, glibc, .. ). After
> also upgrading readline rpm it worked, so if you're also only upgrading you
> might try it.

Got it !
After several tries, and some private mails with Lubos, I got gdb
to stop crashing.
The answer is in fact really simple :

upgrade your gdb (mine was gdb-4.17) to gdb-4.18.

RH6 users can find it on http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/ (gdb-4.18-2.i386.rpm)

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org