List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: (was) Everything Segfaults, more kconfig stuff
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-05-25 0:25:22

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Mosfet wrote:

> On a KConfig note, I want to do a little magic with the widget theme
> keys. When applying theme if a key either does not exist, is the
> default value, or is blank I want to remove it from .kderc. Since this
> is the vast majority of keys it should really cut down on KConfig
> overhead.

Well, because all of the theme stuff is currently in .kderc (which I
really think isn't such a hot idea, but that we have discussed before) you
could just use a KSimpleConfig for this file and then you have removeEntry
and removeGroup at your disposal.

> Do you mind if I move removeEntry and removeGroup from KSimpleConfig
> to KConfigBase? Or are you doing your own magic that would make manual
> key removal unneccesary? ;-)

I don't mind, do others think this bloats the API?  Actually if this
happens, then all KSimpleConfig will be is a wrapper for a single
configuration file with or without read-only status, which I suppose makes
more sense than adding the functionality of removing groups and keys,
which should probably be available everywhere.  Everyone agree?

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat Software, Inc.