List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: System/User Settings (Was Re: KFFSTND revise (was Re: directory for  additional services?))
From:       Christopher Wiegand <cwiegand () urgentmail ! com>
Date:       1999-05-24 4:44:49

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Andreas Pour wrote:

>How about using a file like /etc/kderc which is a kde-config file containing the
>installation location of the kde tree.  That way the config library just reads that
>file to find the "system" datadir, sharedir, docdir, mimlnkdir, icondir, etc.

I think this could be a good idea. Currently, I have to look around the
computer for the X11, QT, and KDE includes, libraries, binaries, and, for KDE,
the $KDEDIR/share directory.

Chris Wiegand

'If Bill Gates had a dime for every time Windows crashed...
 ... Oh wait a minute, he already does...' - Anonymous