List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: A great idea! (?)
From:       Stefan van den Oord <s.m.vandenoord () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       1999-05-21 15:29:51

>> > In other words, in the mime type properties, you should be able to
>> > provide a file type or sample to which the type belongs.
>A sample ??

Hi David,

I cannot post to kde-devel, so I have to reply to you directly.

I mean that when you create a new mime type, you could provide a file
as a sample of the type of files you want to bind. So if you want to
bind TAR-GZ files (but to their type, not their extension), you
would select a TAR-GZ file. Same for all other files. You're right
that I can type "application/text" in the mime type field, but that
is hardly user-friendly.

Greetings,

Stefan van den Oord