List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: High Five Roberto
From:       Holger Thon <devel_ht () unidui ! uni-duisburg ! de>
Date:       1999-05-21 9:33:33

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> On Fri, 21 May 1999, Holger Thon wrote:
>
> > > No. It uses the words "for inclusion in the upcoming Corel version of
> > > Linux". No Debian, no GNU.
> >
> > Read on:
> >
> > "Corel will also build its desktop Linux offering around the Debian
> > GNU/Linux distribution."
>
> Yes, "around". They use Debian as foundation and add KDE and their

Hm, any word seems to have a meaning in this sentence... :-)))))
I just wondered why they don't want to include kde but corel's linux
desktop. And the article itself suggests this.

> own stuff. Part of their work - but not everything - will be integrated
> back in Debian, see for example
>
> http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-9905/msg00256.html

Well, besides: What debian plans to do sounds really interesting. Why
isn't this posted to the Debian weekly news as well? I also think
dselect has to be revised or exchanged, though it's still better than
e.g. DLD's java based installer (aka: give me more ressources than you
have installer... ;-).

Regards,
  Holger