List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kbgndwm's future
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-05-21 10:14:45

I have also done some work with option 2 and you are right, it is very slow for
toplevel widgets that change masks often, but is quite nice for static things
like window decoration. Nonetheless you are right and we will need to support
psuedo-transparency for things like terminals whose contents change far too
often for an XShape mask (and also really need to support shading).

I have played around with sharing Pixmap ID's among different applications for
the widget theme engine but don't really have it working yet. When I do I was
thinking of implementing a specialized QPixmap for the root window that
automagically creates a new (detached) pixmap off of the root window Pixmap ID.

mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com