List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Shared memory news
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       1999-05-19 21:19:27

On Mon, 17 May 1999 Martin Vogt wrote:
>On Sun, May 16, 1999 at 03:53:01PM -0400, pbrown@redhat.com wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 May 1999, Sven Radej wrote:
>>
>> > Look at http://www.engelschall.com/sw/mm/
>> >

>> If this is true, I don't see how the library would be of great use to us.
>> But I wish it was.
>>
>As far as I know, kaudio/kmedia already uses shared mem.
>Shared mem can be usefull if you exchange video data between
>applications.

But the above noted lib is said to work only between forked processes.
Then it is not working for kmedia.

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyone