List:       kde-devel
Subject:    mico 2.2.6
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-05-19 21:11:09

Hi,

Coolo just convinced me on irc about switching to newer mico now/soon :-)

Advantages of newer mico:
- faster compilation
- better bugreports for MICO
- less confused users

Disadvantages of switching now:
- embedding in koffice (including tools and plugins) will
  be broken (as well with embedding in konqy, but it's broken anyway due
  to latest KService changes)
  (but all KOffice apps will continue to work fine)

Steffen and /me are currently hacking kded, which will "kill -9" the above
mentioned disadvantage soon.

If there are no further objections (Reggie?Torben?David?Steffen?*.*?) I
will commit some patches for KOM/OpenParts/KOffice/Konqy tomorrow night.

So until then you might want to point your browsers to
http://www.mico.org/mico-2.2.6.tar.gz

Ciao,
  Simon

--