List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Desktop Entry Standard / XML
From:       weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de
Date:       1999-05-17 1:13:43

Hi,

I like that idea very much!
But when doing this, then add hierarchies to the config files
and allow for typing. The line

value=true

can pe interpreted as boolean or as string. Some apps want to deal
with kdelnk files without knowing how to interprete the actual
value. Without type information that is not possible.

Is there already a good KDE XML parser. The one in koffice is shit
( unfortunately I wrote it ).

However, I am developing one for a Qt release AFTER Qt 2.0, but the
code may show up in the snapshots sooner or later.

If there is no special KDE XML parser then we have to decide upon
a policy for code that is in the Qt snapshots but not in the Qt 2.0
release so that we can use my little parser.

For those who did not think about that yet: It is unlikely that
all classes in the Qt snapshot will be part of Qt 2.0, especially
QWorkspace and friends.

Bye
Torben