List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Are we connected ? - Solution-idea
From:       Bjoern Kahl <Bjoern.Kahl () kiel ! netsurf ! de>
Date:       1999-05-14 19:04:09

On 13-May-99 David Faure wrote:
>  On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 12:44:58AM +0200, Christian Esken wrote:
>  [...]

 Hallo !

 I am working some time now on a way to manage Networkconnections to the
 internet, including a way to query the connection-state.

 I started work, as I needed some way to use cron- triggerd Network
 access and normal networkaccess ( started by hand) in a way, both
 don´t kill the others connection, on a multi-user maschine.

 Its running for some weeks now, more or less stable.

 Also it has nothing to do with KDE, it shoud be possible, to
 incorporate(word ?) it.

 Please let me know, if someone has interesset on more info.
 Since I am German and find it hard to write english, the whole(?)
 thing is documented in german. So I dont want to try to translate it,
 without somebody willing to read it :-)

> > and perhaps not even very portable. Much better would be a (CORBA)
> > service,
> > that you can query.

 What is corba ? I have read this word some time here, and absolutely no
 idea what it mean.