List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Qt Remarks (Re: Applets? [ was: Re: kde mp3 player])
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-05-13 19:45:10

On Thu, 13 May 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
[snip]
> An action should also have: tooltip text and a What's This? richtext associated
> with it.
>
> Qt supports What's This? help now for toolbuttons, menu items (yes!) and
> accelerators (yes!) :-)

BTW, while trying to come up with a nice implementation that allowed
setEnable() on actions to enable/disable connected UI elements, I came up
with the following questions/remarks:

1. Is there _any_ way to be notified that a particular menu item has been
deleted from a menu without subclassing the menu from QMenu*?

2. It's a bit odd that QMenuBar and QPopupMenu don't have a common widget
baseclass. It makes it hard to write generic routines that treat the menus
both as QMenuData objects and QObjects that have an activated(int) signal.
I had to resort to dynamic_cast so that I wouldn't have to write duplicate
code. Is there a way around this?

There was a 3. but I'm sleepy and can't remember it. bedtime.

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Univ of Melbourne
			"I'm a commercial operating system."