List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Applets? [ was: Re: kde mp3 player]
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-05-13 15:56:31

>>Pietro, would you help with integrating the KAppletDock in kpanel?
>
>Yes!!! But, please, work on kpanel from the HEAD branch.
>Note that there is already a way to specify the size of a swallowed app
>(kpanel from the HEAD branch). You can add a SizeInPanel=... in the
>.kdelnk file.

Yes, I know. The KApplet class will make this swallowing a little bit easier
and less error-prune, though. It will also use the new QXEmbed-Extension I
wrote for the OpenParts.

This makes it possible to integrate the applets into the focus management of
the panel, so finally a URL typefile etc. will become possible  without weird
keyboard grab hacks :-)

>Are you sure that nobody else is already writing similar classes?
>It seems to me that this topic has already been discussed some weeks ago
>on this list, but I had no time to read all messages.

Someones writing a client class to encapsulate docking, but that's unrelated.

Matthias