List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde mp3 player
From:       Sean Kendall Schneyer <Sean.Schneyer () kau ! se>
Date:       1999-05-04 5:04:47

Christian Esken wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Mai 1999 Andrew Wansink wrote:
> >Can somebody please tell me what mp3 player most KDE users
> >are running.  There doesn't appear to be a default one which comes
> >with kde-multimedia.
> >
> >If this is the case may I propose the inclusion of a player that I
> >have been working on called 'rasca', you can take a look at
> >http://www.penultima.org/~rasca/
>
> KDE should ship with a MP3 player. A desktop today without
> is not a true desktop :-)
>
> If you are going to maintain it in KDE´s CVS server, please feel
> free to add it.
>
>   Christian

No offence to the author of rasca, but do we really need to have
an "official" KDE app for every single application domain? There
are already several well established mp3 players out there.
Personally I love x11amp. It supports Winamp skins and even
has plug-in support, including infrared support. Here is a screenshot
of my current skin:
http://www.cs.kau.se/~sean/x11amp-sw.jpg
(All of you Star Wars fans out there will like this one :o)

// Sean