List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kfm caches images but doesn't wipe them?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-05-03 9:09:23

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> David Faure wrote:
> [kfm memory bug]
> > Ok, could people stop reporting that ?
> > This comes up every day now !
> >
> > It's a known issue, with a known and already implemented solution, but not
> > for 1.1.x
>
> Well.. you may notice this bug "every day now" because you are actively
> involved in kfm...
>
> I'll admit that I read nearly every kde-devel email and this is the FIRST time
> I have ever seen this bug detailed in this manner!  If the author of this
> report is new, it is *likely* that he would never have seen this bug
> reported..

Several bugs of this kind are listed on the buglist if I am correct. The
problem
seems partly related to the kind of XServer used though.

David: How do you think to solve this problem? I don't think KFM (1.1)
does
really something wrong here. We already have a LRU image cache for the
html
you know.

Cheers,
Waldo