List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Next generation of KOrganizer / Call for help: (fwd)
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1999-04-30 13:50:18

>I was wondering this as well. Currently the developement of PeopleSpace is
>being held back due to lack of standards in this area. KDE really needs to
>get something going here before every pim application uses its own style
>of data storage. Is there any word on a KDE DB yet?

Yeah. We want to make an database called Katabase for KDE and KOffice. It
will be a CORBA-frontend to a great number of databases (mySQL, PostgreSQL,
...). For each database-system will exist a plugin with a well defined
interface. Please have a look at

http://www.csug.rochester.edu:80/u/pinamdar/kdb_web/

But don't expect too much. We have just began last week. If you are running
KPresenter, you can download a presentation.

Is there someone to help us ? We are searching for developers.

CU
Michael Koch

student of computer science at
university of applied sciences