List:       kde-devel
Subject:    FW: Volunteers with RedHat 5.2 alpha or sparc machines needed!
From:       Duncan Haldane <f.d.m.haldane () cwix ! com>
Date:       1999-04-30 2:14:44

Hi KDE  Supporters

Some of our usual packagers do not seen to be available,
so we are looking for Volunteers to (re)build RPMS for the new
KDE-1.1.1 release (to be announced shortly) on the following
non-Intel architectures:

   -- SPARC
and
   -- ALPHA (Digital/Compaq AXP) architecture machines.

(We have already  built the rpms on Intel i386, and do not
require help with this)

What is needed:

You must have a "clean" machine, running RedHat 5.2 with the the egcs-1.0.3a
compiler and the glibc-2.0.7 C library that shipped with RedHat 5.2.
We prefer that you are still running the 2.0.36 kernel.
You must also have the libjpeg , libungif, and  gdbm that shipped with RH5.2,
and remove libjpeg6a while compiling KDE.

You will just need to run
"rpm --rebuild kde*.src.rpm"
on the source rpms which you will have to download from
the net (we will tell you where to find then).
You will have to upload about 30MB when you are done, or preferably,
make it available for collection
by us by anonymous ftp.  This means you will need a "good" internet
connection (NOT a phone line!)

If you can help, please contact redhat-rpms@kde.org, and we will discuss
it with you.  We would like to have this done in time for a release on Monday
May 3.

Thanks

For the RPM Packaging Team:
duncan@kde.org