List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Programs min versions for KDE 2.0
From:       Nicolas Brodu <brodu () iie ! cnam ! fr>
Date:       1999-04-29 19:12:02

I've just realized (and downloaded) automake 1.4 and autoconf 2.12 are
necessary to build from the CVS.

Is there a list of min versions required, what they are required for, and
where to get them ?
I'm thinking about linux/Documentation/Changes :

<cite linux/Documentation/Changes>

Current Minimal Requirements
****************************

   Upgrade to at *least* these software revisions before thinking you've
encountered a bug!  If you're unsure what version you're currently
running, the suggested command should tell you.

- Kernel modules         2.1.121                 ; insmod -V
- Gnu C                  2.7.2.3                 ; gcc --version
- Binutils               2.8.1.0.23              ; ld -v
- Linux libc5 C Library  5.4.46                  ; ls -l /lib/libc.so.*
[..]

Memory
======

   As of 2.1.41, the format of /proc/meminfo has changed.  This broke
many memory utils, which have to be upgraded.  Get the new procps-1.2
and you should be set.

[..]

Procps utilities

The 1.2 release:
ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/sources/usr.bin/procps-1.2.9.tar.gz
ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/status/ps/procps-1.2.9.tgz

</cite>

This could reduce bug reports maybe, and is quite useful.
On the other hand, I don't know if this can be made plateform-independant.

Anyway, I could help doing it if it's not done already.