List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Multiple KDE setups
From:       Bo Thorsen <gobo () imada ! sdu ! dk>
Date:       1999-04-29 15:27:07

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Stefan Taferner wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 07:45:55PM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> >
> > > What if this was user settable?  If this was the case, then I could set the
> > > local kde dir just before starting up KDE on each workstation and I would be
> > > ensured that my special settings would hold only for that workstation.
> [...]
> > where is the problem of making .kde-hi and .kde-lo and create a symlink
> > from .kde to the appropriate directory in a login script? Nothing would
> > have to be changed.
>
> The drawback is, of course, that all the other configuration options are also
> stored twice.

No, you can use ln to make these two share some of the .kde tree again,
or you could make your kde-hi/lo only be the files concerning this issue
and then link those files separately. It as awkward to set up, but once it
is working, it should be fairly easy to maintain.

--

Bo Thorsen             gobo@imada.sdu.dk

Lahnsgade 31, st.      Unix systems administrator,
DK-5000 Odense C       Institute for Stat. and Dem.
Tlf: +45 66 11 83 85   University of Odense