List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: MICO 2.2.6
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-04-29 14:22:18

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Steffen Hansen wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, David Faure wrote:
>
> > AFAIK, Torben and Simon managed to compile kde with mico-2.2.6
> > Perhaps we should ask them to commit, and all switch to 2.2.6 ?
>
> I dont think kdelibs/kdebase is the problem. I made kdelibs compile with
> 2.2.6 without much effort (ok, i left out the mediator stuff, because it
> uses mico-2.2.3 internals, but a newer version of the code could be
> copy/pasted from mico -- and the BOA/POA mediators should be owned by
> kded anyway).
>
> AFAIK koffice is the real problem. Torben said that koffice  breaks
> with anything but mico-2.2.3, and it would take quite some hours of hard
> work to fix.

Hm, I have a fully ported kdelibs on my harddisk, and KOffice as well.
Everything works fine, except the mediator stuff. Althought I copied it
from micod I can't get it work here. This includes embedding in Konqueror
and the KOffice Trader.
--> Everything works absolutely fine except for the KOffice Trader (and
therefore embedding in KOffice) and embedding in Konqy. Another problem
was an IDL compiler bug with inout arguments, just like in the KOffice
Filter interface, but I fixed it manually and disabled code generation of
koffice.* .

So I'd love to switch to new mico, but someone has to fix the mediator
stuff to get a functional IMR. Perhaps you (Steffen) are able to do this
and include it in your kded on-the-fly? :-)
(but then the KOffice Trader seems to need additional fixes as well, I
think, but I'm no (KOffice) Trader expert :) ) . Hm, where is Torben?

Ciao,
  Simon

--
Simon Hausmann       <hausmann@kde.org>