List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqi the dragon ...
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-04-24 15:54:31

On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Martin Konold wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Torsten Rahn wrote:
>
> > Konqi or Cody/Codi (anything sounding like this that doesn´t mean
> > anything terrible in yet another language).
>
> Konqi is very nice.
>
> What about Kongui?  How does it sound in foreign languages?

A bit awful. Like the name I would put on a bongo playing little monkey.

At least Konqi can't be pronounced in spanish, so I can make it up to
sound nice ;-)

> Is it insulting anyone?
>
> > And my opinion to the Logo-discussion:
> >
> > Konqi gives a great mascot but a bad logo:
>
> Well, Kongui is never meant to replace the VERY professional and clean
> logo it is a mascot. Mascots may be much more complex than logos.
>
> Yours,
> -- martin
> P.S.: Please be aware that Kongui can be animated!
>
> // Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
> // Email: konold@kde.org                                         //
> Anybody who's comfortable using KDE should use it. Anyone who wants to
> tell other people what they should be using can go to work for Microsoft.
> KDE not only OpenSource[TM] but OpenMinded[TM].
> KDE: A stable GUI for a reliable OS.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Life isn't short. It's just that death is longer.