List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE-1.1.1 ready for shipping?
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-04-24 4:28:00

Duncan Haldane wrote:

> On 24-Apr-99 Martin Konold wrote:
> >
> > 2.) Is the following addressed alrady?
> >       http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde&m=92487621209064&w=2

I can't reproduce it. That doesn't mean that it is fixed, of course.

> > 3.) The mail server has to be fixed urgently (I hope to find the
> > solution very soon!)
> >
> > 4.) Have I forgotten anything else?
>
> Yes:
> (1)  kcmkonsole is in poor shape - maybe the easiest thing is to just suppress
> its kdelnk file so it doesnt show up in menus.   Otherwise, the unfinished parts
> need to removed, and help screen docs added.

You are right. It shouldn't show up the panel menu.

> (2) Denis just did a big bugfix on kuser.   It needs to be tested
> (I will do this from CVS tonight)

I guess you are the most experienced tester by now so you should give
your okay (or not).

> I suggest waiting at least a week for further comments to make sure
> all is well. and putting out a general call on all mailing lists
> asking for thorough testing before the release.
>
> Also If people could check out that the docs for the various apps
> have caught up with their current features.
>
> Since this will be the last release of KDE for a while, lets get it
> right!

I completely agree with "getting it right" argument. However, I seems as
if most developers are too "tired" to further work on the 1.1 branch
right now. Everyone had lots of time to update the documentation etc.
Those who haven't been active by now won't suddenly wake up now I
_fear_.

Harri.