List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: KDE-1.1.1 ready for shipping?
From:       Duncan Haldane <f.d.m.haldane () cwix ! com>
Date:       1999-04-24 1:38:05

On 24-Apr-99 Martin Konold wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> accrding to http://lists.kde.org/ KDE-1.1.1 seems to be ready for
> shipment.
>
> Maybe only some minor stuff has to be changed:
>
> 1.) removement of the "Debian Packager Reference" in Konsole for non
> Debian Systems.
>
> 2.) Is the following addressed alrady?
>       http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde&m=92487621209064&w=2
>
> 3.) The mail server has to be fixed urgently (I hope to find the
> solution very soon!)
>
> 4.) Have I forgotten anything else?

Yes:
(1)  kcmkonsole is in poor shape - maybe the easiest thing is to just suppress
its kdelnk file so it doesnt show up in menus.   Otherwise, the unfinished parts
need to removed, and help screen docs added.

Right now, it makes a *really* poor impression.   I dont recall that
it was in kde-1.1.  (It has "work in progress" written all over it, and gives an
error when the help button is pushed.)   I'm not sure if it works.
(I can change the console colors from within Konsole, but not
with kcmkonsole)

Maybe it shouldnt be in the KDE_1_1_BRANCH?

(2) Denis just did a big bugfix on kuser.   It needs to be tested
(I will do this from CVS tonight)

I suggest waiting at least a week for further comments to make sure
all is well. and putting out a general call on all mailing lists
asking for thorough testing before the release.

Also If people could check out that the docs for the various apps
have caught up with their current features.

Since this will be the last release of KDE for a while, lets get it
right!
duncan

E-Mail: Duncan  Haldane <f.d.m.haldane@cwix.com>
Date: 23-Apr-99