List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Call for votes: KDE 2.0 mascot!
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-04-23 22:06:10

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Andreas Pour wrote:

> > Does this imply Linux is unprofessional?
>
> To some people, yes!  And subconsciously for many more people, yes!  Not to say
> that these implications can't be overcome, but I think it is better not to have
> them at all.

I think that we should emphasize more on those users who do like cute
stuff like Tux and our dragon. These folks tend to help us very much in
gaining mindshare.

Regards,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@kde.org                                         //
Anybody who's comfortable using KDE should use it. Anyone who wants to
tell other people what they should be using can go to work for Microsoft.
KDE not only OpenSource[TM] but OpenMinded[TM].
KDE: A stable GUI for a reliable OS.