List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Call for votes: KDE 2.0 mascot!
From:       Sean Kendall Schneyer <Sean.Schneyer () kau ! se>
Date:       1999-04-23 21:26:54

Sean Kendall Schneyer wrote:

> Martin Konold wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Sean Kendall Schneyer wrote:
> >
> > > As for a name, it reminded me of a childrens story book
> > > character that I used to read when I was growing up:
> > > "Puff the Magic Dragon". So what about the name Puff?
> >
> > Is there a trademark or copyright on this name?
> >
> hmmm, good question. How long do copyrights last on books?
> Puff the Magic Dragon was written a long time ago I believe. (I
> don't have the date of hand, but I'm going to do some digging
> around to see if I can find out.)

Okay, after doing a bit of digging, the name Puff the Magic Dragon
actually originated from a song by Peter, Paula and Mary and dates
back to 1963. The book was written based off of this song, and
there have been several childrens videos produced using the same
name as well.

For those of you that are interested, a link to the lyrics to
the song can be found here:
http://mudhole.spodnet.uk.com/~bean/puff/pufflyrics.html

// Sean