List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Animated menus / 2
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1999-04-22 22:56:36

On Thu, Apr 22, 1999 at 04:51:18PM +0200, Mario Weilguni wrote:

Hiya,

> I've improved the animated menus stuff, now 10 effects are available (including
> Stefan Hannsen's fade-in stuff). Some look cool (fade-in, scaling), some look
> broken. If you're curious try out
>
> http://homepage.sime.com/mweilguni/testing.tar.gz

WOW, I'm impressed, this is pretty smooth! I don't know how well it works
with different X-Servers, but the one for my old cheapo S3 Trio64 card
works quite cool, no flickering at all.

I personally don't use those gimmicks (the first thing I turned off on my
sister's Win98 box), because I don't want to wait for a damn popup menu
;o) but I know others do. And I like having the option to enable it, too
:o)

One little optimization thing (I once read on ALSA-devel): don't use
float, but use double. CPUs with floating point units internally use
double anyway, so you have an unnecessary overhead by using floats.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/