List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: suggestions wanted:  which "extra" kde apps  could go with
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-04-17 19:18:36

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Duncan Haldane wrote:

> What other apps do people think are stable and useful enough
> to add?  Please send suggestions to redhat-rpms@kde.org
> (include version number)

It was discussed many times but I had the idea to make a formal
proposition only yesterday so it might be waay too late for KDE-1.1.1:

kthememgr with 15-25 selected themes. The problem is themes available
today have to be prepared for kthememgr to be able to handle them. Of
course, a separate package for this is mandatory since themes are tending
to be very large (many many pixmaps) and because I think 75% of KDE users
don't really play with themes all the day, so no need to force the have
themes installed from, say, kdeutils.

BTW, it was proposed *before* KDE-1.1, all the apps in the ftp are worth
distributing in additional packages (just like SuSE does it already). The
problem is packaging (in the sense of what packaging CVS modules are
doing) is very very time consuming and there are not enough
configure/automake wizards with time at their hands out there.

Cristian